[Last Updated: March, 2015]
The definitions in the User License Agreement apply to this Policy unless stated otherwise. IN ADDITION TO THIS POLICY, PLEASE REVIEW OUR USER LICENSE AGREEMENT, WHICH ARE INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE, TOGETHER WITH SUCH OTHER POLICIES OF WHICH YOU MAY BE NOTIFIED OF BY US FROM TIME TO TIME.
Below we describe what information we collect when you use our Services, how we protect that information, how long we retain it, with whom do we share it, and what your privacy options are.
What information do we collect about you?
When you use the Search Application, you will be providing us with two types of information collected: (i) personal identifying information (“PII”) collected by us through your use and interaction with the Services, or, provided by you when you submit a help request, a customer services inquiry or other inquiry to us, or fill in any other forms for the purposes of receiving our Services; interaction with the Search Application, and information which is obtained by you use of the Services; and (ii) non-personal identifying information (“Non-PII”) collected by us once you use, download or install the Search Application and Services. This Non-PII is aggregate non-identifying information, including without limitations, technical, statistic and aggregated information that does not identify you to us. Currently, we do not ask you to register to our Service and do not require the submission of any information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address and other PII unless you have commenced in a direct communications with us and we retained such communications and the accompanying information in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Service.
The non-PII collected is mainly statistical information we collect when you use of our Service, including, inter alia, advertisements viewed, the type of browser you are using as well as operating system, your time zone, the date and time you access the Service, screen resolution, browser and operating system language, VPN and Proxy services and ISP, default search, geo, etc.
We also collect information regarding your usage of the Services locally on your device, this information includes, among others, pages browsed and content viewed, offers and services that interest you, advertisement you were interested in, search quires and the time and date of your search, browsing history, interaction with social networks, and IP address, all as detailed herein.
While we would never collect any PII submitted to such websites, note that browsing history is aggregated separately for each specific IP, in order to continuously improve our products and provide the most relevant search results for each different location to better understand Internet trends statistics. That said, IP addresses, while identifying a device connected to the Internet, and its general location, are in themselves anonymous and contain no information regarding the identity of the ultimate person using the device – such identity is known solely to your ISP. Moreover, IP addresses assigned by ISPs are generally dynamic and subject to frequent change – static IP addresses are generally assigned only at subscriber's specific request and frequently require an additional fee.
The data collected of your usage of the Service may include PII, as part of our privacy measures, we implement certain rules designed to avoid the unintentional collection of PII such as email addresses, social security numbers, credit card numbers, login information, etc. Such rules are based on known field types, parameters, values and algorithms but they are not foolproof and hence the Services may sometimes, unintentionally, collect unwanted information.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
• verify your eligibility for our Services;
• respond to your queries with the best possible answers and search results;
• understand our users and provide a better Service;
• to operate and update the Service and provide you with existing and new functionality and features;
• to provide you personalized content, including through the delivery of targeted interest-based advertisements from us or our partners;
• improve our Services, such as by personalizing content to your interests and process and complete your transactions;
• administer our Services, diagnose technical problems and otherwise manage our business;
• to provide you with communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you in accordance with your preferences.
• enable us to show you ads that are more relevant to you;
We may also generate, use and disclose aggregated and/or anonymized information and statistics about your use of the Services to third parties for marketing, analytical and strategic purposes. However, no user of our Services will be individually identifiable from the aggregated or anonymized information and statistics.
How do we share the information we collect?
We will not share the PII collect about you with any third party for their own marketing purposes without your consent. We will share your information in the following ways:
• Our suppliers, subcontractors and business partners (“Service Providers”): We may share your data with our Services Providers who process your information to provide services to us or on our behalf. We have contracts with our Service Providers that prohibit them from sharing the information about you that they collect or that we provide to them with anyone else, or using it for other purposes.
• Our Search Partners (e.g., search engine and feed providers, content providers, etc.): If you have installed a Search Application, our Search Application partners may collect or receive information about you including the queries you submit via the Services, the Search Application functionality or website, the version of your Search Application or your browser settings, the search results and ads you click on, and the address of the web pages you previously visited.
• Fraud prevention: We may disclose the personal information we collect about our users when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, our users, or others.
• Law enforcement purposes: If requested or required by government authorities, such as law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, or otherwise to comply with the law, we may disclose any information we have about our users. We also may disclose information collected about you in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
• Sale or merger of our business: We may transfer your personal information to a third party if we or any of our affiliates are involved in a corporate restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger, or other transfer of assets).
Cookies and Online Advertising
There are two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or device, and (2) third party cookies, which are served by a third party.
Cookies may store search queries made through the Service, the web pages you accessed, your interaction with advertisements presented to you via the Service, features you used, your session duration and your configurations and preferences of the Service. Such cookies and other technologies allow us and our partners to recognize you on your next use of, access or visit to the Service or on your visits or access to our partner’s network. In addition, our cookies enable us to recognize you when you visit our Site and to store your preferences and settings. We use third party cookies for functionality, performance or analytics, advertising and social media purposes. Cookies from advertising companies, for example, help to ensure that the advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies but you can reset your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a cookie is sent. However, some functions of the Service may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. By using the Service, you affirmatively consent to the collection of information and cookies as described above. Users can usually set their browsers to block all third-party cookies, block all cookies, or block specific cookies. These settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the “Help” option in your browser for more details.
Certain parts of the Service may include or enable you to add content to them (e.g., social networks, chats, blogs, etc.). This content may be in the form of apps, buttons, gadgets, links to third-party advertisements, websites, products and services (including search services) as well as additional means that are provided to you by third parties (collectively, "Third Party Content and Services"). The use of such Third Party Content and services is subject to their privacy policies. Some of these third parties may have access and the ability to collect, store or share your information (both your PII and Non-PII). PLEASE NOTE: We do not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to such Third-Party Content and Services and your access to any Third-Party Content and Services is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the information contained or made available through, the practices of, or your use or inability to use such Third-Party Content and Services. You expressly relieve us from any and all liability arising from your use of such Third-Party Content and Services. We recommended that you read the terms, conditions and privacy policies of such Third-Party Content and Services before using or accessing any of them.
Review, Changing or deleting information
If you would like to review, change or delete personal information we have collected from you, please contact the Privacy Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon uninstalling the Search Application, your information is permanently deleted. The uninstall instructions are available here .
Transfer of Data
The Service is provided over the Internet and we may store and process information in various locations throughout the globe (including locally on your devoice as well as by using third party servers). If you are a resident of a European Union Member State or another jurisdiction where transfer of your PII to another jurisdiction requires your consent, then you hereby provide us with your express consent to such transfer of your data.
How do we keep the information we collect secure?
We take the security of your information seriously and use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. We also limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it to provide products or services to you. However, because no security system can be 100% effective, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information we may have collected from or about you.
How long do we keep the information we collect?
We retain the information we collect about and from you for as long as necessary to fulfill a business purpose or comply with a legal request. We may also choose to anonymize certain of the information you provide to us so that it can no longer be attributed to you if we would like to retain it for longer periods of time.
Children under 13
You hereby represent that you are at least 13 years old. The Services are not intended for users under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a person submitting information is under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.